Homemade pesto is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes out there. Just throw some ingredients in a blender and you have a delicious sauce to toss with pasta, spread on a Panini or eat plain with a spoon (you won’t be able to resist). And the best part about making pesto is you can change up the ingredients to suit your mood and personal tastes.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 cup pesto

2 cups basil
1 clove garlic (more or less depending on personal preference)
½ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup pine nuts (optional)
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Peel the garlic and add to the blender (you can add more if you want it more garlicky or just add a piece if you want it less garlicky).
2. Take off the biggest and toughest stems on the basil but leave the smaller stems and the flower parts.
3. Combine everything except the salt in a blender and blend until combined.
4. Scrape down the sides and taste for seasoning. Adjust the salt and pepper then blend until desired consistency.

Enjoy!

Tips: The pesto can be kept in the fridge for up to a week or it can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can experiment by making pesto with different kinds of herbs, like parsley or mint in lieu of basil. Feel free to leave the pine nuts out of the recipe or substitute another type of nut like walnuts (I personally think it tastes just as good without nuts).