The UGA dining halls pride themselves on being among the best in the nation, but as good as the food is, it is still possible to work your way through all the many meals after just a few semesters.
If you only stick to the printed menu, that is.
So, whether you’re looking for an easy 2 am finals snack after the pizza line has closed at Snelling or are seeking a little adventure past the salad bar, try out this delicious pizza bagel, made from dining hall ingredients.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 scoop sauce
1 handful cheese
1. Chose a bagel of any flavor from the breakfast area. I recommend lightly toasting it for the perfect level of crunchiness.
2. Smother the bagel with a desired sauce. I went with the classic marinara sauce, but if you’re feeling adventurous you can go with pesto, Alfredo, or even peanut butter and chocolate sauce for a dessert pizza.
Check out this article on alternatives to tomato sauce.
3. At the salad bar, load up your bagel with cheese. Options are limited to cheddar and feta, but if you want to get fancy, ask the sandwich line for sliced provolone cheese or use hot queso in Snelling and O-House.
4. Toppings are the heart and soul of your pizza. I went for the classic broccoli and ham, but options are limitless. From the full range of salad bar toppings to spreads and sliced meat in the sandwich line to bits of whatever the hot meal of the day is, you have full control.
For a dessert pizza, add chopped fresh fruit, nuts and chocolate chips from the yogurt bar, and a drizzle of caramel and chocolate sauce.
5. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. (Unless you’re making a dessert pizza, in which case microwaving will probably lead to a soggy brown mess. But, it’s your life, and if you choose to microwave fruit and chocolate on a bagel, I will support your life choices).
6. Enjoy your plate of scrumptious cheesy goodness.
You now have half a bagel left with which you can either repeat the entire process for a second serving or smuggle out of the dining hall for a quick breakfast when you wake up at 7:55 am for your 8:05 class.
Looking for more ways to remix your dining hall meals? Look no further: