If you’re extremely indecisive and can never decide if you’re in the mood for something salty or something sweet, now you don’t have to pick. This dessert combines chocolate, caramel and pretzels, satisfying a wide-range of cravings.

The process is a little messy, but with only six ingredients, the end result is well worth it. The pinwheels end up looking so impressive that people will think the process was much more complicated than it actually is, but don’t worry. The reality of this recipe’s simplicty is a secret that’s safe between you and me.

Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Pinwheels

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:2 minutes
  • Total Time:22 minutes

• 3 cup crushed pretzels
  • 2 cup crispy rice cereal
  • 10 ounces marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 13 ounces spreadable caramel
  • 11.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Non-stick Cooking Spray
Photo by Allie Koestler

Preheat the oven to 300˚F.

Put the pretzels in a bag and crush them with your hands or with a rolling pin.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Combine the cereal and the crushed pretzels in a large bowl.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Melt the marshmallows and the butter in the microwave for two minutes using a separate bowl, and stir the mixture halfway.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Combine the cereal, crushed pretzels and melted marshmallows in one bowl.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Mix well.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Arrange a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray the paper with non-stick cooking spray.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Take the marshmallow mixture out of the bowl, placing it onto the baking sheet.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Spray an additional sheet of parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray, and lay the sprayed side on top of the marshmallow mixture.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Roll out the mixture with a rolling pin until it is spread thin, removing the parchment paper after rolling.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Spread caramel on top of the marshmallow mixture.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Pour chocolate chips evenly over the caramel.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Bake the mixture for two minutes or until the chocolate is melted enough to be spread.

#SpoonTip: Keep an eye on the mixture because you don’t want to keep it in the oven for too long, or the cereal will start to melt.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Tightly roll the mixture, like a canoli, peeling back the parchment paper as you roll.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Cover the roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for two or three hours until it’s firm.

Photo by Allie Koestler

Remove the parchment paper and plastic wrap and cut it into slices.

Photo by Allie Koestler