As we all know, mornings can be tough, and breakfast at Dana is no exception. The egg line can be way too long, the oatmeal can be just a little too thick, and sometimes it seems that the toaster just keeps eating your English muffins.

But, have no fear, because this easy and fruity smoothie bowl will be the cure to your morning slump and keep you energized all day. This is a perfect meal for whenever you need a midday smoothie pickup or fuel for your back-to-back classes. On top of all that, your Dana breakfast will now look like a trendy NYC smoothie bowl. What more could you want?

Dana Smoothie Bowl

• Prep Time:4 minutes
  • Cook Time:1 minute
  • Total Time:5 minutes

• 1 handful frozen strawberries
  • 1 handful frozen peaches
  • 1 handful frozen blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1 splash orange juice
  • 1/4 cup ice

Portion out your fruit, but remember to keep the banana separate from the frozen berries and peaches.

Photo by Olivia O'Neill

Fill up your smoothie cup. Add ice, 3/4 of the fruit, and orange juice. Keep about a quarter of the fruit to the side for the final product.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to add the ice at the bottom so it blends in smoothly.

Photo by Olivia O'Neill

Blend your smoothie on setting 5 of the Vitamix until all the ingredients are incorporated.

#SpoonTip: If you want your smoothie on the go instead of in a bowl, add a little more orange juice and blend for about 10 seconds longer.

Photo by Olivia O'Neill

Pour your smoothie mixture into a bowl, add the remaining fruit and a sprinkle of chia seeds to the top of the bowl, and ENJOY.

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset