I was in my religion class on a regular Tuesday afternoon when my roommate texted me with a proposition for our next adventure. Two things we both adore coming together in one harmonious union: Chick-fil-A and mac and cheese. We excitedly came up with a bunch of ideas on how to tweak this recipe and finally came up with the most sane, yet delicious creation.

If you're a Chick-fil-A addict like the rest of us, you probably visit weekly and have a sauce collection. There's no shame in it, we all do it. If not, hurry over to your local Chick-fil-A and stock up on these few items because we're about to get innovative.

Mac and Cheese-fil-A

• 1 12-count nugget entree
  • 1 box macaroni and cheese mix
  • 2-3 packs your preferred sauce
chicken
Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

Start boiling water in a sauce pan for the macaroni. We used a boxed macaroni and cheese because we were too hungry (and lazy) to make it from scratch, but you can substitute for a homemade recipe.

Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

While your water is boiling, start cutting the nuggets into bite-size pieces. We cut them into quarters, but you could very well choose the size you'd prefer.

tempura, shrimp, chicken
    Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

Then, we added the macaroni to the boiling water and allowed it to cook for about 12 minutes, as stated on the box instructions.

soup
    Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

After the macaroni was thoroughly cooked, we strained it and added the cheese sauce that came with the box. Of course if you decided to make yours from scratch, this part will take a little longer.

vegetable, cereal, rice
    Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

Add in half of the nuggets you cut up earlier and stir well.

bacon, cheddar, cheese, macaroni
    Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

Finally, pour out your desired portion and garnish with some extra nuggets. Top it off with your favorite sauce. We used buffalo because we thought it'd be the best combination with the mac and cheese, but drizzled some Polynesian and Chick-fil-A sauce out of curiosity. Feel free to use your fav sauce!

sauce, pasta, cheese, macaroni
    Tiffany Ospina-Suarez

Although this pairing may sound odd to some, don't knock it until you try it! The cheese and chicken complemented each other well and the buffalo was a great touch. Upscale the recipe by using homemade mac and cheese instead of boxed. And hey, you can still eat these leftovers on a Sunday.