When looking for a hearty, comforting dish to satisfy your hunger pangs, this savory combination of potatoes, cream and bacon is a sure-fire pleaser. You would never guess that this warm-your-bones dish begins with a can of store-bought soup and can be prepared in under 20 minutes.
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 can cream of potato soup
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 russet potato, diced
2 slices bacon, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Fry bacon in saucepan until crisp. Remove and let cool on paper towel for 5 minutes.
2. Discard bacon fat from saucepan.
3. Wash and peel potato. Dice into small, bite-sized pieces.
4. Cook potato in saucepan until brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Add potato soup and cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into two serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese, bacon and scallions.