This dairy-free lemon bundt cake is unbelievably moist and lightweight, making it the perfect summer treat. The ingredients are rather simple, and the only challenging part of this recipe is getting the cake out of the bundt pan. However, the work is well worth it because the cake looks beautiful and tastes amazing when finished. I also included a quick dairy-free glaze recipe that can be put on top of the cake to make it even better. 

Dairy-Free Lemon Bundt Cake

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 cup Crisco
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 lemon juiced
  • Zest 1 whole lemon
cake, lemon, orange
Allison Curley

Preheat oven to 350°F. Take a swab of Crisco on a paper towel and wipe the entire bundt pan with it in order to avoid the batter sticking to the sides of the pan.

water
    Allison Curley

Cream together the Crisco, water, sugar, and salt using an electric mixer.

Allison Curley

Add in the eggs slowly one at a time.

egg, dairy product, cream, mashed potatoes, butter
    Allison Curley

Add the baking powder and flour slowly and mix well for at least a minute on low speed. The milk should be added in three intervals then add the lemon juice and zest and mix until batter is combined.

cream, dairy product, dough, milk, flour, sweet, pudding
    Allison Curley

Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes until the sides are golden brown. Do not flip the pan until it has cooled for an hour.

cream, dough
    Allison Curley

As long as you greased the pan with enough Crisco, the baked cake should slide right out of the pan once you cool and flip it. The key is to put a large plate on top of the mixture. Then, hold down the plate on the top as you flip over the plate to the table like in the picture directly below. When the cake slides out, remove the bundt pan by pulling up and you're all set. 

cake, chocolate, birthday cake
Allison Curley

I used Crisco and water to substitute butter, which is used in most bundt cake recipes. It worked perfectly, keeping this cake moist and light. To top off the lemon flavor and presentation, here is a recipe for a lemon glaze to pour on top of the dairy-free bundt cake.

Dairy-Free Lemon Glaze

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 a lemon juiced
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemonade
cake
Allison Curley

Add the powdered sugar to a bowl and pour the lemon liquids on top. Stir until mixture becomes a runny liquid consistency.

milk, cream
    Allison Curley

Just slowly pour the mixture in a circular motion on top of the bundt cake until it begins to run down the dents. This is the perfect lemon topping that is not too thick or too sweet and it really ties together the whole recipe. Cut the cake into pieces and serve at any occasion knowing it's totally dairy-free, even though it doesn't taste like it is.