Blueberry bread has always been my favorite treats to pair with coffee or tea. It's a perfect on-the-go snack, too. I found this lovely and simple recipe one afternoon and decided to give it a try.

I'm not one to make fresh baked goods from scratch but I decided to give it a go and it was easier than I expected. If this is your first time to the baking rodeo have no fear, an easy recipe is here. Make this lemon blueberry bread and you'll have a slice of deliciousness just an arm's length away. 

Lemon Blueberry Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 20 mins

• 1 cup blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
bread, cake, chocolate, banana
Rahel Haile

Start by gathering all your ingredients and preheating your oven to 350°F.

milk, egg, dairy product
    Rahel Haile

Grab your 8x4 inch loaf pan and butter all the sides. If you have any parchment paper, you can also line the bottom and two sides of the pan with it.

cake, chocolate, cream, milk
    Rahel Haile

Then, in a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking powder and salt; slowly stir your egg mixture from the previous step into the flour mixture—alternating it with milk as well.

flour, milk, dairy product, bread, cream, dough
    Rahel Haile

In the same bowl that you mixed the flour, add the blueberries. But first, toss the blueberries in 2 tablespoons of flour so they don't sink to the bottom.

tea, sweet, herb, caviar
    Rahel Haile

Fold in lemon zest and blueberries into the batter. Then pour batter in prepared pan.

cheese
    Rahel Haile

Once all your ingredients are mixed, pour into your loaf pan. Bake for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean! Let it cool on a wire rack for 40 minutes then enjoy with a yummy cup of iced coffee or tea.

bread, cake, chocolate, banana
    Rahel Haile