As a fruit lover, I tend to gravitate towards eating my fruit instead of blending or cooking it. However, there always comes a time when the refrigerator is full to the brim with fruit, and there’s no way you can eat all of it before the fruit goes bad. The solution? Take the fruit you don’t want to eat (usually strawberries and mangoes that aren’t sweet enough) and throw it in the freezer.

Tip: If you want to freeze a mango, cut it first. You’ll thank me later. Here’s how to cut it

On the next steamy summer day, grab some fresh fruit, some frozen fruit and blend them together to make a delicious, cooling smoothie.

Leftover Fruits Smoothie: Mango & Strawberry Edition

smoothie

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Easy

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Blend Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 4 minutes

Servings: 2

1 mango, cut into pieces or cubes
3-4 strawberries
1 small handful of blueberries
2 tablespoons of honey or agave

1. Add your fruit into the blender. Add more of one fruit to achieve a stronger flavor.

Tip: Put the “softest” fruit in first. If one fruit is fresh while the others are frozen, put in the fresh fruit first.

smoothie

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

2. Add in your natural sweetener (honey or agave) and some kind of liquid, like fruit juice, water or nondairy milk. If it’s not blending well enough, add more liquid.

smoothie

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

4. Blend until smooth.

smoothie

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

5. Pour out your smoothie and enjoy!

smoothie

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

With a recipe as simple as this, you can go with all fresh fruits, all frozen fruits or any mixture in between. Just keep in mind that the more frozen fruits you have, the thicker the smoothie will be. At some point, you may even reach the “undrinkable” and will have to whip out a handy dandy spoon to consume your smoothie.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it? 

leftover fruit smoothie