During the summer, nothing hits the spot like BBQ and a cold beer. Then, of course, you follow it up with ice cream.

But what if I told you you could combine beer and ice cream to create the ultimate summer treat?

Kirin Ichiban beer sent me the perfect summer ice cream and beer combo recipe, and it was so good, I had to share it. This Cherry Blossom Gelato recipe will really hit the spot on those hot summer days.

So when you can't make it out to Tipsy Scoop to try some of their treats, or when you want something new, break out some ingredients and make this boozy ice cream of your own.

Kirin Ichiban Cherry Blossom Gelato

• 2kg Milk
  • 500g Kirin Ichiban
  • 400g Sugar
  • 100g Honey
  • 350g Cream
  • 120g Milk powde
  • 300g Amarena cherries
  • cup Orange blossom water
chocolate, ice, cream, ice cream, chocolate ice cream, waffle, wafer, gelato
Amelia Hitchens

Heat the milk in a medium size sauce pan

water, tea, milk
    Alex Frank

When milk is hot (but not boiling), remove from heat and add sugar, honey, and milk powder

Let mixture cool in fridge

When cold, add cream, Kirin Ichiban, Amarena cherries, and orange blossom water, and blend

Pour into an ice cream batch freezer, freeze according to directions of the machine

The recipe comes with the announcement of an amazing contest they have going on. Basically, you can win a trip to Japan just by eating at certain Japanese restaurants in NYC, like Shabu Tatsu or Zen 6. It's so easy, why wouldn't you try?

Check out the full rundown of how to enter here, and get that ice cream machine churning. Because if there is one thing your summer is missing, its some homemade boozy gelato on tap.