Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, and I especially love making and eating homemade breads. Banana bread is one of those things that is so easy to make with ingredients I have lying around the house. With two or three frozen bananas, I can whip up this super easy dairy-free banana bread by breakfast time. 

Dairy-Free Banana Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 5 mins

• 2 large or 3 small frozen bananas mashed
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups Bisquick
bread, cake
Allison Curley

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mash up the bananas and add them to a mixer with all of the ingredients except for the Bisquick.

egg, egg yolk, yolk, fried egg
    Allison Curley

Slowly fold in the Bisquick until the mixture is thick and wet. Then, mix on a low speed for 30 seconds.

chicken
    Allison Curley

Pour into a bread pan and bake for about an hour.

bread, banana, cake
    Allison Curley

This banana bread recipe is super easy to throw together. I love making it because all I have to do is let it sit in the oven for an hour before I cool and serve it. The Bisquick is a huge help because it saves me time measuring out flour and leavening agents. 

One of my biggest tips when making this recipe is to use frozen bananas. I buy my bananas fresh from the store and then let them ripen before I take the skin off and freeze them.  This way they remain extra fresh and lock in a lot of moisture into the bread while it bakes. 

This dairy-free banana bread is so easy to make without real milk. I use unsweetened coconut milk because I love the flavor, but you could also use almond and soy milk as well. Between the honey, the vanilla, and the sugar, there is plenty of sweetness in this breakfast, so I always vote for unsweetened milk. 

In fact, to make it healthier, you could use applesauce instead of oil. Either way, this breakfast bread is hardy, moist, and totally safe for lactose intolerants. It is a great thing to make at the beginning of the week and look forward to every morning.