First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right? Well, here goes. I'm addicted to Chick-fil-AAs a Virginia native, I have 12 Chick-fil-A locations within a 20 mile radius of my house. From my dorm at school, it would take an abominable thirty minutes to get to just ONE Chick-fil-A. So when I came to college I had to drastically alter my Chick-fil-A habits. Thing I missed the most, however, wasn't the perfectly crispy nuggets, the amazing waffle fries, or the bomb ass milkshakes. Oh, no. I started going through Chick-fil-A sauce withdrawals

For those of who don't have Chick-fil-A near your homes, you're probably unfamiliar with the concept of Chick-fil-A sauce. It's the perfect combination of tangy and sweet and savory and goes perfectly with both chicken and fries. I started begging my friends from home to mail me Chick-fil-A sauce, and even managed to annoy my mom enough that she sent me a couple packets. 

But, the freebies ran out and my heart was crushed yet again. Then, my friend sent me a link to a recipe for Copycat Chick-fil-A sauce. I thought there was no way this sauce could ever match up to the beautiful sauce creation made by Chick-fil-A and kind of brushed it off. But one day when I was home on break and my fridge was full of dozens of nuggets (my mom gets me Chick-fil-A catering when I'm home so I can have it whenever I want...lol addict probs), I decided to try out a batch to see how it would fare against the real deal. 

Chick-fil-A Sauce

• Cook Time:0

• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
ice

Mix together all of the ingredients

Yup. It's one step. So easy. And guess what? It actually tasted just like Chick-fil-A sauce. So I kept making it again and again. Only the next time I just eyeballed the ingredients and it wasn't right. So here's what I recommend: follow the recipe exactly. Everybody makes mistakes (everybody has those days) so if you somehow manage to mess up the proportions, trust me, you'll be able to taste it. 

If that doesn't work, don't fret. There are plenty of people selling Chick-fil-A Sauce on eBay. And if it's a Sunday and you really wanna get your Chick-fil-A fix? Not only can you make your own sauce, but you can also make your own Chick-fil-A nuggets. Problem solved.