Café mochas are a thing of th past! As I scrolled through my Instagram feed, I couldn’t help but take a moment to stop and stare at Miami’s Cream Parlor's decadent Nutella Latte. As a Miami native living ways from home, this number surely made me a bit homesick. But that’s when I thought, why not try and create a Nutella Latte of my own in the comforts of my own home away from home? 

Before we get started here’s what you’ll need:

1. Nutella 

2. Espresso Coffee

3. Milk 

4. Espresso maker 

5. Whipped Cream (Optional)

6. Caramel Syrup (Optional)

Getting Started

candy, sweet, milk, coffee, chocolate
Gabrielle Garcia

Like all good latte’s, they start with coffee! For my rendition of the Nutella Latte, I started by preparing a batch of espresso. To do so, I used Café Bustelo Espresso coffee and a portable espresso maker. However, any espresso coffee should work just fine. It’s all about preference right?

coffee
Gabrielle Garcia

Next, I poured a little more than half a cup of reduced fat milk into a mug and set it in the microwave for about two and a half minutes. Then, I got a heaping spoonful of Nutella and mixed it with the searing hot espresso coffee and mixed until the Nutella was liquified with the espresso. However, for those who want their latte a little extra chocolatey, this step is totally up for a little improvisation! 

cream, espresso, cappuccino, hot chocolate, chocolate, milk, coffee
Gabrielle Garcia

After, I poured my desired amount of espresso into the warm milk and then proceeded to mix the coffee and milk together. As some may prefer to have their coffee light while others prefer to have theirs dark, this step caters toward your preference. 

Finishing Touches

tea, milk, cream, sweet, chocolate, coffee
Gabrielle Garcia

To top it all off, I swirled on some creamy Cool Whip and drizzled a bit of ColdStone Caramel Syrup to add some contrast to the Nutella flavor. And there you have it, making a Nutella Latte isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Satisfy your Nutella craze and treat yourself or enjoy with a friend; because let’s face it, who’s not nuts for Nutella?