Coffee, oh, coffee. Sweet, pungent coffee. Thank you for giving me the strength to wake up at 5:30 every morning and keeping me from breathing fire every day. With all the many ways coffee can be made, there's one true method that should be considered an art form: the French press. The beauty of a French press coffee isn't just that it tastes good—it's magical. I've become a superhero because of it. 

It's not a secret that there's a huge percentage of us who love coffee. And I'm not talking about those people who "like" coffee, I'm talking love. I love the drink so much that I'm almost positive that my blood type is coffee. And if I catch a whiff of the stuff, before I know it I'm sipping someone else's mug saying, "Oh, is this yours?" 

The French press is an easy and quick way to get your caffeine fix at any time of day. Plus, you'll feel like you have a mini barista preparing your coffee—and you do. Her name is Frenchy and she really makes the coffee strong. Here's my favorite way to take my French press coffee. Do you hear the angels singing yet?

The Beauty of a French Press

• 1 coffee pod or loose coffee grounds your choice
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1/4 cup milk your choice
ale, coffee, tea, beer
Rachel Gramuglia

Fill a kettle up with water, and place on the stove until it whistles.

In the meantime, grab your favorite loose coffee grounds or coffee pod, and pour 2-3 tablespoons of grounds into your French press.

Once the water comes to a boil, pour into the French press—leaving room at the top.

Place the lid on top of the container and press down a little bit, pausing between each press. This allows the grounds to steep in the water, making the coffee stronger. The less you wait, the lighter the coffee is.

Once the press reaches the bottom, pour the coffee into your mug (if you want hot) or a frosted glass (if you want cold). Add a 1/4 cup of milk and dress up your coffee as you take it.

Drink it up and enjoy!