With this method, it’s easier than ever to enjoy a healthy and delicious sweet potato. No pots, no pans and no waiting for boiling water or an oven to preheat.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 6-10 minutes
Total Time: 8-12 minutes
1 sweet potato
1 paper towel
1. With a paring knife or a fork, poke holes all the way around a cleaned and dried sweet potato.
2. Wrap a damp paper towel around the sweet potato.
3. Wrap the paper towel-covered potato in a layer of plastic wrap, twisting the ends and wrapping them under to secure.
4. Place on microwave-safe plate and microwave on medium-high for 6 minutes. Carefully test for doneness (both the plate and sweet potato will be hot). The potato should yield to firm pressure but not be too mushy. If the potato is too firm, microwave again for 1 minute increments, until cooked through.
5. Carefully remove from microwave and allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.