Burger King kinda goes cray with their new menu items, and sadly, I’ve suffered enough already with their heartburn-inducing Angriest Whopper. They’re also stepping up their social media presence, allowing customers to order straight from Facebook messenger. Their latest news-worthy move, however, is thankfully much more promising than any artificially colored-bun, because it plays on something that I hold dear to my heart: cheese.

The restaurant chain’s new Mac n’ Cheetos is exactly what it sounds like – puffy Cheetos stuffed with ooey, gooey macaroni and cheese. While I haven’t ventured down to BK myself to try it (I know, I probably should), I figured the item seemed simple enough to make at home. You’re free to use your favorite homemade macaroni and cheese recipe (this one is pretty lit), but the pre-packaged stuff works just as well. Bookmark this for the next time your stomach craves a huge cheese-binge, which is really every day for me.

Mac n' Cheetos

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1 pre-packaged macaroni and cheese box
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 bag Cheetos
  • Oil, for frying
Photo by Jedd Marrero

Prepare macaroni and cheese according to box instructions. Scoop into balls, place on baking sheet, and freeze for an hour.

Photo by Jedd Marrero

Open the bag of cheetos and put contents in a blender. Blend on high until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs.

Photo by Jedd Marrero

Dip a macaroni and cheese ball in the beaten egg, and toss around in the Cheeto breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining balls.

Photo by Jedd Marrero

Heat 3 cups of oil in a medium saucepan over high heat.

Place balls, four at a time, in hot oil. Fry for about a minute, turning constantly.

Photo by Jedd Marrero

Let the mac n’ cheetos dry on a paper towel before serving. Enjoy!

Photo by Jedd Marrero