By now we’ve all heard about rainbow food so much that we’re sick of it. Seriously, rainbow grilled cheese? Too far. So if you’re over this unnecessary color madness but still want food that excites your eyes as well as your taste buds, look no further than the new, refreshing trend: galaxy foods. These foods are as shimmery and enchanting as the constellations, plus the options are endless.

From donuts,

galaxy

Photo courtesy of @sobeautifullyraw on Instagram

to chocolate truffles,

galaxy

Photo courtesy of @meganleevoigt on Instagram

to “space” cakes,

galaxy

Photo courtesy of sprinklebakes.com

to macarons,

galaxy

Photo courtesy of reddit.com

Now that I’ve got you mesmerized by these magical creations I’m gonna blow your mind a bit more: they’re actually super easy to make yourself. So next time you’re craving a Milky Way bar, instead whip up one of these treats and snack on the whole solar system. Just don’t start abusing grilled cheese and pasta by subjecting them to galaxy glitter.

Read on if you want some celestial donuts of your own.

Galaxy Donuts

• Prep Time:30 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes

• 12 donuts
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • Food coloring
  • Edible glitter

Attain donuts. You could make them from scratch, but if you’re lazy AF like me and just want to impress friends with your fancy decorating skills, just buy a box at the grocery store.

Photo by Julia Benson

Make frosting by mixing the powdered sugar and butter. Divide the glaze into separate bowls and use food coloring to dye it whatever colors you want in your galaxy.

#SpoonTip: We’d recommend using an electric mixer to beat the butter until it smooths out.

Photo by Julia Benson

Spoon dollops of frosting onto a plate and swirl them with a toothpick.

Photo by Julia Benson

Press the face of your donut into the frosting and rub it around a bit to get the whole thing covered. You may need to dip it a few times since often there are still a lot of unfrosted gaps after the first dip.

Photo by Julia Benson

Keep rubbing it around until it’s fully covered or smooth any problem areas out with a butter knife.

Photo by Julia Benson

Top all of them with edible glitter, which can be found at craft stores.

Photo by Julia Benson

Now show off because these things are freaking cool.

Photo by Julia Benson