The London Fog latte is the perfect cup of tea to enjoy, especially during the winter months. Sometimes called an Earl Grey tea latte, it consists of Earl Grey tea and is known to have a strong taste of warm spices, with a splash of milk and a hint of sweet vanilla. It smells absolutely heavenly. Extra special versions of this drink start with brewing Earl Grey tea with a few lavender buds to give it a slight floral taste and smell.

In any version, this is one of my all-time favorite drinks. Here I can show you how to make an easy London Fog latte to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. 

London Fog Latte

• 1 Earl Grey tea bag
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla syrup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk or other milk option
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar or other sweetener
dairy product, cream, milk
Shelby Cohron

Gather your ingredients and your favorite mug.

beer, coffee, tea

Heat the cold water in a pot on the stove to let it boil. Once you see the bubbles start rising, remove from stove and carefully pour the water about 2/3 of the way into your mug. Take the Earl Grey tea bag and steep in the hot water for the allotted time. The color of your brew should be a medium to dark caramel brown color.

cappuccino, black tea, espresso, coffee, tea
    Shelby Cohron

Add the vanilla soy milk (or other milk option of your choice) about 1/3 of the way into the mug once the tea has brewed for its allotted time. Then, add the vanilla syrup and sweetener. Stir well.

tea, mocha, cream, hot chocolate, chocolate, cappuccino, espresso, milk, coffee
    Shelby Cohron

Remove the tea bag and discard. Or if you prefer, leaving the tea bag in the mug will give a stronger flavor. Pair your favorite tea biscuits or biscotti to your drink and enjoy your London Fog latte.

cinnamon, chocolate, cookie, coffee, tea, sweet
    Shelby Cohron