I'm a huge fan of pizza—such a huge fan that I have a shirt that says "Buy Me Pizza." Pizza is deemed a national staple, everyone is always down to get a great slice of pizza. Whether it's thin crust, deep dish, covered in meat, or covered in veggies, pizza knows no bounds. I wanted to pay homage to my affinity for pizza, but I wasn't sure how. Sometimes I found myself craving pizza but was too broke to order any, so I came up with a solution: pizza in a mug. Yes I'm serious.

Well, pizza is already portable. You can walk, run, hell, you can even drive eating pizza, but when I'm thinking portable, I'm thinking "from the kitchen to the couch in under two minutes." And that's just it—all it takes is a minute and 20 seconds to get pizza with this recipe.

Before we dive into a cup filled with cheese and great goodness, let's be clear that you can treat this recipe as you would building your own pizza. You're not limited to cheese or specific toppings. I just so happen to be a pepperoni gal, but if you're into throwing on some sausage and feta cheese, then you go Glen Coco, I won't stand in your way...well maybe just to ask you for a taste. 

Pizza in a Mug

• Cook Time:1 min 20 secs
  • Total Time:6 mins 20 secs

• 4 tablespoons flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
  • 3 tablespoons cheese
  • 5 slices pepperoni
cheese, tomato, sauce
Rachel Gramuglia

Take your microwavable mug and add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and milk. Stir together and add salt to taste.

Add a layer of pizza sauce, followed by the cheese, and a layer of pepperoni.

Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds, or until cheese is fully melted.

Grab a fork, dig in, and enjoy that beautiful cheese pull.