You haven’t really had an Oreo truffle until you’ve had it inside a cake made of ice cream and drowned in chocolate. AKA an Oreo truffle ice cream moon cake. Yeah, it’s a mouthful (pun intended), but it’s a delicious mouthful you won’t regret.

Oreo Truffle Ice Cream Moon Cake

• Prep Time:1 hour
  • Cook Time:2 hours
  • Total Time:3 hours
  • Servings:2-3
  • Advanced

• 1 pack Oreos
  • 2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • Vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup digestives, crushed
  • 3 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 2 cup chocolate chips
  • Ramekin or similarly-shaped bowl
Photo by Dylan Barth

Place about 8 Oreos in a Ziplock bag and 8 Digestives in another and crush ’em up using anything you can find (rolling pin, a glass, wine bottle…)

GIF by Dylan Barth

Combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Roll the Oreo/cream cheese mixture into small balls and place in freezer for 20 minutes.

GIF by Dylan Barth

After Oreo balls have hardened, microwave white chocolate chips in 20-second intervals until completed melted. Then cover the truffles with the melted chocolate. Freeze for another 20 minutes

GIF by Dylan Barth

Combine the crushed digestives with butter and stir until a gooey yet solid mixture has formed.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Cover the bottom of the ramekin with a layer of ice cream and place a truffle on top of that layer.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Fill the rest of the ramekin with ice cream, making sure you fill in all the space around the truffle.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Add a layer of the digestives mixture and freeze for 2 hours.

GIF by Dylan Barth

When the 2 hours are almost up, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until melted.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Remove the moon cake from the ramekin (or whatever bowl you’re using).

GIF by Dylan Barth

Cover the moon cake in melted chocolate and freeze until hardened.

GIF by Dylan Barth

Cut through the center of the moon cake to reveal the hidden tr(easure)uffle.

GIF by Dylan Barth