I’m assuming these are called poppers because you simply can’t stop popping them into your mouth. Poppers are perfect finger foods and a great side dish or appetizer. Try variations of this recipe by switching the cream cheese to mozzarella or cheddar. You can also substitute hollowed-out button mushrooms for peppers if you want a milder flavor.
Recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
1/2 cup of cream cheese (4 ounces)
5 or 6 slices of bacon
2. Remove the seeds with a spoon (for a spicier taste, leave some seeds in).
3. Fill pepper slices with softened cream cheese.
4. Slice bacon slices into thirds (or halves if you are using a bell pepper).
5. Wrap the jalapeños with bacon slices.
6. Skewer the poppers to secure the shape while they bake.
7. Bake poppers on a pan in oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
8. Drain the oil and serve immediately.