Are loaded potato skins not the the absolute OG dank creation ever? Yes we know this. But.. hold up load up some sweeeeet potato skins with homemade guac AND homemade buttermilk ranch that is too cool for school. Then you will have one upped the original loaded potato skin. IT’S LIT.

See me go guac right now.

Guacamole Loaded Sweet Potato Skins

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:50 minutes
  • Total Time:65 minutes
  • Servings:5-6

• 5-6 small potatoes
  • 2-3 tablespoon butter
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2-3 avocadoes, halved, seeded, scooped
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
  • fresh cilantro, chopped, optional, for garnish
  • 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (for garnish)
  • 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened unflavored milk
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Paprika (optional)
Photo by Maddie Cole

Make ranch dressing: Make the “buttermilk”: pour lemon juice into a measuring cup then fill to ¼ cup level with almond milk. Set aside and allow to curdle, about 10 minutes

GIF by Maddie Cole

On a cutting board, sprinkle some kosher salt on the minced garlic cloves and then, with the back of a fork, begin to smush and mash the garlic and salt into a paste. Combine garlic-salt paste, parsley, chives, mayo, and sour cream in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add “buttermilk” mixture, as necessary to thin to desired consistency

GIF by Maddie Cole

Taste and correct seasonings, adding more salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator and allow flavors to meld while you make the potato skins

GIF by Maddie Cole

Make the potato skins: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Wash potatoes well and pierce all over with fork. Place potatoes directly on middle oven rack and bake until skins are crisp and a knife or fork pierces the potatoes easily, about 50 minutes. Meanwhile, make guacamole.

In a large bowl combine the avocado meat and lime juice and toss to coat. Drain the lime juice off and reserve in a small bowl. Add smoked paprika, salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash with a potato masher, leaving some chunks for texture. Fold in the onions, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Set aside while you finish the potatoes.

GIF by Maddie Cole

Slice each potato in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving about ¼” of the flesh intact. Brush the insides of the potatoes with the melted butter, season with salt and pepper. Brush the skin sides with butter, and salt and pepper. Place potato halves skin-side up on a baking sheet and broil ’til the skin begin to brown and crisp, about 2 – 3 minutes (don’t burn ’em).

Flip skins over and broil another 2 – 3 minutes, or until beginning to brown and crisp.

Remove potato skins from oven and place on serving platter. Spoon dollops of guacamole on the potato skins and garnish with sliced green onions, sliced jalapeños, and chopped cilantro. Serve with ranch dressing immediately.

GIF by Maddie Cole