These pops come from my unbiased love for ice cream and cupcakes. I had never thought about the two sweets together; that is until I stumbled across these heavenly cones. All you gotta do is buy some cake mix, cones, and chocolate and you’ve got yourself a dreamy delicacy. Bite into a rich chocolate shell, only to taste a delectable, moist cake base. These Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops are all of our childhood dreams come true.

#SpoonTip: Making the cupcake base rainbow  guarantees mad Instagram likes (and is especially easy to do!). 

Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops

• Prep Time:40 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour

• 1 box white cake mix
  • 1 can vanilla frosting
  • 15 cake cones
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 15 red M&M's

Prepare the cake mix using the ingredients listed on the box.

GIF by Clare Beatty

Divide the batter evenly into four bowls. Add red, orange, green, and blue food coloring to each bowl and then mix.

GIF by Clare Beatty

Pour the colored batter into a cupcake pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

#SpoonTip: At this point you will have roughly 4 cupcakes of each color.

GIF by Clare Beatty

Based on their color, crumble the cupcakes into four separate bowls (crumble 4 red cupcakes into one bowl, the 4 green into another, etc).

GIF by Clare Beatty

Add 1 tablespoon of frosting to each bowl and mix.

SpoonTip: The mixture should stick together without being “goopy.”

GIF by Clare Beatty

Using a medium cookie scoop, take a bit of each color mixture to form 15 tie-dye cake balls. Freeze for 15 minutes.

GIF by Clare Beatty

While the balls are freezing, place 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until melted).

GIF by Clare Beatty

Take the cake balls out of the freezer. Dip the top of the open end of the cake cone into the melted white chocolate and immediately place a cake balls on top of the cone. Set the cones aside until they are  completely set.

SpoonTip: The white chocolate is like the “glue” that attaches the cake ball to the cone. If necessary, you can dip the cake ball in chocolate before placing it on top of the cone. 

GIF by Clare Beatty

Once the cake pops have set, dip them in the white chocolate mixture, completely covering the ball.

GIF by Clare Beatty

Place 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until melted).

GIF by Clare Beatty

Spoon a small amount of the melted chocolate on top of the cake pop. Add sprinkles and a red M&M.

GIF by Clare Beatty

Dig in…

GIF by Clare Beatty