Guests will think you put a lot more effort into this lunch or dinner than you actually did because of its rich taste and enticing aroma. Surely this chicken parm took a while, no? 

At home, I'm not much of a cook, but I made these as an easy dinner. My guests were a little shocked that I had made a hot meal other than pasta that was actually filling—for the record, everyone had two.

I encourage you to spice it up with some oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, or even garlic powder. Feel free to throw it into the breadcrumbs for some extra pop, but plain and simple is still very flavorful.

They keep well, but try not to put red sauce on any that may be saved for later so the chicken does not get soggy in the refrigerator. It is recommended and just as good the next day as a leftover lunch. 

Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches

• 1 package buns/rolls
  • 4 package boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • Olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2-1 cup Mozzarella
  • 1 cup red sauce
mozzarella, lettuce, meat, ketchup, tomato, bread, cheese, sandwich, bun
Annalee Flaherty

Set the flour, breadcrumbs, and beaten egg on/in separate plates/bowls. Then dip each piece of chicken in flour, then egg, and lastly breadcrumbs.

Put oil in the pan and fry chicken for about 3-5 min. or until crisp golden brown at 350°F.

Slice your mozzarella for the sandwiches

Assemble sandwich on a pan (buns, chicken, and sliced mozzarella) then place in oven at 250°F for 5-10 min.

#SpoonTip: Melt the cheese and toast the bun.

Pour warm red sauce on sandwich and serve it up.