Sure, citrus pairs perfectly with alcohol anytime of the year, and I, like any other college student, do not need summer as an excuse to make cocktails. That said, these four citrus juices come together to capture what summer feels like perfectly. Add some tonic water and you have an amazingly light citrus cocktail that will definitely please guests (or just yourself if you so choose). If I had to describe it in a few words, I would say that it is tangy, bubbly, and just the perfect amount of sweet. 

If you don't want to add any alcohol, this is still great for a hot summer day when you need an ice-cold dose of vitamin C. Fresh-squeezed juice works best as it will be the sweetest and most vitamin-packed, but store bought works well too. If you find that it is not sweet enough or you'd like to add a little extra vodka (who wouldn't), you can add a teaspoon or two of simple syrup to just barely sweeten it. 

4-Citrus Cocktail

• Cook Time:0

• 2 parts grapefruit juice
  • 2 parts orange juice
  • 1 part lime juice
  • 1 part lemon juice
  • 4 parts tonic water
  • 2 parts vodka optional
  • Splash triple sec optional
lemonade, lemon, sweet, ice, cocktail, juice
Mary Schoneman

Pour grapefruit juice into a glass.

milk, sweet, juice
    Mary Schoneman

Add the orange juice.

milk, cocktail, orange juice, sweet, juice
    Mary Schoneman

Add the lemon juice.

sweet, juice
    Mary Schoneman

Add the lime juice and stir.

milk, cocktail, sweet, juice
    Mary Schoneman

Add the tonic water.

yogurt, cream, sweet, milk, juice
    Mary Schoneman

Add the vodka, triple sec, and (if desired) simple syrup. Garnish with fruits and serve.

cream, cocktail, sweet, milk, juice
    Mary Schoneman