This cake probably won’t help any of us slim down for Summer, but once you take a bite you probably won’t care about that any more. This poke cake is epic. It might just put every other poke cake to shame.
If you’ve never had a poke cake before, you’re missing out. It’s exactly what it sounds like too. You make the cake, poke a ton of holes in it, and then you fill it with sickly sweet filling. This Milky Way poke cake will have you going back for thirds.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 24 slices
For the cake:
1 box chocolate cake mix*
½ cup vegetable oil*
1 ¼ cups water*
For the nougat filling:
¼ cup butter
1 cup sugar
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 ½ cups marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For even more toppings:
1 jar caramel topping
1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
6 fun size Milky Way Candy Bars, chopped
*If you use a different brand of cake mix, prepare using ingredients and instructions on box, and bake for amount of time as indicated on mix.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil together using instructions on box in a medium bowl.*
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes* and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. While the cake is cooling, make the nougat filling. Start with melting the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
5. Add sugar and evaporated milk, stirring constantly until all the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and stir for 4 minutes.
6. Take off the stove and mix in vanilla extract and marshmallow creme until smooth.
7. Poke holes alllllll over the cooled cake.
8. Fill the holes with nougat filling evenly.
9. Pour caramel into the holes.
10. Once the cake is completely cool, cover with Cool Whip and chopped Milky Ways.
11. Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. Or just go ahead and dive in, you worked hard.
Candy is life, and here’s proof: