This cilantro and avocado dip is guac’s lighter, creamier, and possibly even tastier counterpart. The best part is that this can double as a salad dressing if you add more lemon and lime juice and a dash of extra salt. If you want it to be spicy, simply add more jalapeño, chili powder, or other types of pepper or chili.

Use it as a healthy substitute for mayonnaise, dips, and salad dressings. Eat this with chips, vegetables, tacos, sandwiches, burgers, fries, and salads. (Pretty much anything you can think of!) Since it contains yogurt as a main ingredient, it will be less calorie-dense than guacamole as well. It will be the perfect light dip for any occasion and your guests are going to love it.

Cilantro-Avocado Dip

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes

• 1 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 1 1/2 avocados
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 4-5 tablespoon lime juice
  • 4-5 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoon water
  • Jalapeño
  • Salt
  • Chili powder or pepper
Photo by Mary Schoneman

Chop the cilantro loosely and put it in a food processor. Pulse a few times to more finely chop the cilantro before adding the rest of the ingredients.

Photo by Mary Schoneman

Loosely chop the avocado, jalapeño, and garlic. Add to the blender along with the yogurt. (Add jalapeño according to your taste preferences. I used one whole jalapeño but it wasn’t a very spicy one.)

Photo by Mary Schoneman

Blend until smooth.

Add lemon juice, lime juice, and water and blend. (Add a few extra table spoons of lemon juice and lime juice if you are using this as a salad dressing.)

Add salt and chili powder or pepper, according to your preferences.

Photo by Mary Schoneman