If you love bubble tea, then you are sure to love this recipe. If you don't know what bubble tea is, then that's all the more reason to try it. Making your own bubble tea is surprisingly simple, and it only takes a few ingredients. Some Asian grocery stores might also sell pre-mixed powders, where all you need to do is add hot water and your tapioca pearls. One reason to choose matcha for your tea, however, is because matcha has both antioxidant and detoxifying properties. Don't be taken aback by the green color, that's just part of the fun. Try this recipe instead of your typical coffee, and you might just like this more.

Matcha Bubble Tea

• 1/2 cup dried tapioca pearls
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons matcha
  • 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
  • syrup or honey
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • Water
cream, milk, juice, sweet
Hui Lin

Add about 5 cups of water and the sugar into a pot. Add in the tapioca pearls and boil for 20 minutes.

GIF by Hui Lin

Brew the green tea leaves with hot water. Add the matcha and stir until combined.

#SpoonTip: Alternatively, you can buy powdered matcha green tea and just mix with hot water.

GIF by Hui Lin

In a tall cup, add a generous scoop of the cooked tapioca pearls. Add honey or syrup to taste.

GIF by Hui Lin

Fill the cup halfway with the tea, and fill the rest with almond milk. Top it off with a large straw and enjoy.

GIF by Hui Lin