Looking for a fun, scrumptious way to fool your friends? With these terrifyingly realistic hamburger cupcakes, you'll have your friends in shock! This super fun recipe is all you need this April Fool's day.

These tasty, colorful cupcakes are not only delicious, but will be all the rage at your April Fool's Day celebration. Looking just like a juicy hamburger, but tasting of fluffy sweetness, these hamburger cupcakes are truly the best of both worlds! With only a few simple steps and ingredients, you will have this silly, little prank done in no time.

Hamburger Cupcakes

• Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• Yellow cake mix
  • Devil's food cake mix
  • 2 cans vanilla icing
  • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
  • 2/3 cup shredded coconut
  • Red food coloring
  • Yellow food coloring
  • Green food coloring
  • Cocktail toothpicks
cream, sandwich, cake, butter
Avi Goldstein

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Bake the yellow cake mix and devil's food cake mix according to the box, in a cupcake tin.

While the cupcakes are baking, combine the coconut and the green food coloring. Fold until the coconut is a uniformly green color. Add as many drops of food coloring until you get the green that you want.

Add the yellow and red food coloring to the vanilla frosting, making one bowl of yellow frosting and one bowl of red frosting.

Let the cupcakes cool and then slice each one in half horizontally. Discard (or eat!) the bottom half of the chocolate cupcakes. Then place the top half of the chocolate cupcake in between the two halves of the yellow cupcakes.

Decorate with the coconut and frosting.

Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds, stick a toothpick in, and serve!