Yes, you are in college but you cannot deny that you have a bucket of Halloween candy sitting on your desk. You could just sit there, alone, in your room shoving your face with the leftovers… not that I’m speaking from experience or anything. OR you could turn those various fun sized chocolate bars into an impressive dessert to share… or not.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 hour (this includes baking the cake and cooling it)
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Cake Pops

Photo by Tara Botwinick

1 box of your favorite cake mix
Milk or dark chocolate bars
Kit-Kats or peanut butter cups
1 can of desired flavor of frosting (Mine’s chocolate)
Popsicle sticks (plastic forks, toothpicks or anything stick-like will suffice)
Wax paper or foil

Directions

1. Pick your favorite cake mix and bake according to the box directions.

Cake Pops

Photo by Tara Botwinick

2. While the cake is cooking, crush up those peanut butter cups and Kit-Kats.
3. While the cake is cooling, melt your plain chocolate bars.
4. Once it is cooked and cooled, place the cake in a large mixing bowl and start smushing and crumbling the cake.

Cake Pops

Photo by Tara Botwinick

5. While you’re doing this, add the can of frosting AND the crushed peanut butter cups and thoroughly mix.
6. Time to make the balls. Strive for them to be about 1 ½ inch and uniform. (If you make them bigger then that’s your own experiment) **TIP: If they look a little squishy, pop them into the fridge or freezer for a bit until they firm up!**
7. Line a large plate or pan with the wax paper or foil.
8. Stab your cake balls and dip them into the melted chocolate and roll them into the crushed Kit-Kats. Place them on the lined plate.

Cake Pops

Photo by Tara Botwinick

9. You can let them harden there on the counter or chill them until they are served.

All cake pops are impressive and delicious but wickedly easy to make! Don’t let your friends know though; it’ll be your trick and their treat!

You can also try:
What the Internet Says to Do With Leftover Halloween Candy
Cake Pops Are Better Than Regular Cake
Birthday Surprises: Creative Alternatives to Regular Cake