For the longest time, I was only familiar with lentils in soup and no other form. This all changed one day when my mom made lentil tacos (eventually sparking my idea for this quick and easy taco-inspired green lentil salad). For all of you who are hesitant in trying them or don't know what they are,  I challenge you to check out the amazing health benefits of lentils. #Fiber

Still don't trust my word? So, imagine you’re just really craving tacos, but you’re working so hard for that swimsuit bod (let’s be real, aren’t we all?) that you don’t want to waste all that hard work on an unhealthy meal. Well, you could make a taco salad, but why not take it one step further and make a meatless taco salad made with green lentils?

It's healthy, easy to make, and tastes just like that taco you thought you wanted a second ago until you discovered this green lentil salad. And it has mangoes, which is perfect for that upcoming warmer weather we’re all impatiently waiting for. So, get in that healthy spirit, get ready for that warm weather, and treat yourself with this easy green lentil taco salad.

Easy Green Lentil Taco Salad

• Prep Time:0

• 1/2 cup green lentils
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 small scallion
  • 1 mango
  • 1 avocado
  • Greens choice spinach kale arugula etc.
  • Tortilla chips
  • 1 lemon or lime
vegetable
Jessica Henderson

In a small pot, bring lentils and water to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat so that contents are at a simmer. When there is only a little bit of water remaining, add taco seasoning to the lentils and mix. It will take about 30 minutes before all the water is soaked up from the lentils.

While the lentils are cooking, you can begin preparing the other ingredients needed for the salad. This means chopping the tomato, scallion, avocado, and mango, and washing whichever greens you picked.

cheese, vegetable
    Jessica Henderson

Once the lentils are done and everything is chopped, mix greens, tortilla chips and everything else together. Squeeze a little bit of lime or lemon juice on top according to taste. Mix it all together and enjoy!

dairy product, pepper, vegetable, cheese
    Jessica Henderson

There you have it, a quick and easy green lentil salad that is a perfect combo of a healthy meal that still tastes great. And if you guys still aren't convinced about lentils or got so excited for them that you need more recipes, then check out some other creative ways to eat lentils