Holiday food is comforting and fulfilling, but not everyone has time or the means to make stuffing, Brussels sprouts with bacon, or butternut squash. Have no fear. Between cramming for finals and singing Christmas carols with anticipation, try taking ten minutes to make yourself a holiday staple: green bean casserole.

This recipe is quick, simple, and leaves room for your personal preferences. If you are on a health kick, trade out the classic French fried onions topping for bread crumbs. You can add a little minced onion if you are looking for a fuller flavor. Whatever you are looking for, try it out and make it your own.     

Microwavable Green Bean Casserole

• 1 can sliced green beans
  • 1 can cream mushroom soup
  • Bread crumbs or French fried onions to taste
  • Dried minced onions to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
asparagus, chicken, cheese
Meg Gleason

Drain the can of green beans and spread them in the bottom of a microwavable baking dish.

vegetable, pasta, salt
    Meg Gleason

Spread a can of cream of mushroom soup evenly on top of the green beans.

chicken, gravy, cream, cheese, sausage
    Meg Gleason

Sprinkle bread crumbs or French fried onions on top. Throw a dash of dried minced onions on top if you are so inclined.

cereal, rice, wheat
    Meg Gleason

Place the dish in the microwave for 5 minutes on medium to low heat. Check the dish after two minutes to ensure the power level is correct for even cooking.

coffee, beer, tea, beans
    Leanna Smith

Remove from microwave. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

cheese
    Meg Gleason