Don't work for your food. Instead, make your food work for you. The added ginger in these sweet biscuits add spice and can help in optimizing your health. 

Make Foods That Benefit You

What I mean is, choose foods that will not only satisfy your appetite, but your mind and body as well. What better way to kick off 2017 than with a holistic approach towards food? Starting with a super easy recipe for simple detox ginger biscuits. 

You'll be glad you made these slightly sweet biscuits the morning after that big New Year's Eve party. Minimal ingredients, such as whole wheat flour and fresh ginger will have you glowing on the outside (and the inside) in no time. 

Feeling queasy? These biscuits are good for that too, being relatively tame on the stomach. With immune boosting properties, these accompanied with chamomile tea are all you need to get back on your feet.

Light Ginger Biscuits

• 64 gram light brown sugar
  • 50 gram maple syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 153 gram whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
  • 60 gram oil
  • 10 gram ginger paste
beer, milk, dairy product
Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Preheat oven to 350°F. While the oven preheats, mix together the dry ingredients.

dough, milk, cereal, wheat, bread, sweet, flour
    Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Add the wet ingredients, including the grated ginger, to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.

custard, dairy product, coffee, egg, pudding, sweet, milk, cream
    Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Let the dough chill for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.

honey, dairy, oatmeal, dairy product, yogurt, cereal, sweet, cream, milk
    Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Begin placing 1.5 tablespoon-size balls of dough on a non-stick sprayed baking sheet. Allow 3 inches of space between each ball of dough to expand, bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

sweet, butter, cookie
    Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Remove biscuits from the pan once cooled. Store in an air tight container for up to a week.

candy, pastry, cake, cookie, sweet, bread
    Photo by Ellen Gibbs