Never have enough time in the morning to cook breakfast? Have no fear, your rice cooker is here! Breakfast is easily my favorite meal, and who can resist the all time American classic, the pancake? But this is not just any pancake, it’s the master of all pancakes. Imagine about 4-5 pancakes stacked into one. Who can resist that? Just mix and let your rice cooker do the rest. So next time you make the excuse that you’re too lazy or just don’t have enough time to cook the most important meal of the day, think twice and dust off your handy rice cooker, you’ll thank me later.
Warning: food coma may ensue.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: About 20 minutes (varies per rice cooker)
Total Time: About 25 minutes
2 cups original Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
Directions: 1. Grease the rice cooker pot.
2. Combine pancake mix and required ingredients into the rice cooker pot. Be careful not to prepare too much at once, you don’t want the pancake to rise to the lid and cook your pot shut.
3. Press the on button on your rice cooker and let the machine do its magic.
4. Wait until the rice cooker has finished cooking and make sure top of pancake is completely cooked through. If hesitant, check by inserting a toothpick into the center. If clean when removed, your pancake is done. If batter remains on toothpick, turn rice cooker on for a few additional minutes.
5. Remove the rice pot and invert upside down onto a serving plate.
6. Garnish with your favorite pancake toppings, admire, and enjoy.
Tip: This recipe may also be altered to your liking by adding in your favorite fruits or fillings such as blueberries or chocolate chips, make it your own!