Your fruit bowl just got better. I made an exotic fruit bowl with the sweetest drizzle for our sweetest readers. You can take this tropical fruit salad recipe and substitute the fruit for whatever you like. You'll have your guests wondering how you came up with these cool ideas for the simplest snacks. Make them for your summer parties (or for your parties to try and prolong summer). They're mad easy and take no time. Plus, it's also the perfect way to recycle your coconuts and use it as a bowl to hold your favorite foods this summer.

Tropical Fruit Salad in a Coconut

• 1 coconut bowl
  • 1 cup strawberries
  • 1 cup kiwi
  • 1 1/2 cups blackberries
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 cup dragon fruit
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1/2 lime
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon honey
sweet, strawberry
Chelsi Germain

Cut your strawberries, kiwi, and dragon fruit. Rinse 1/2 cup blueberries and the blackberries.

fruit salad, sweet, blueberry, berry, strawberry
    Chelsi Germain

Over low to medium heat, add the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 cup of coconut water, juice from half of a lime and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix until a mini compote is made.

espresso, coffee
    Chelsi Germain

Mix together 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon honey, and 4 tablespoons of the blueberry sauce from the compote. Mix until fully combined.

tea
    Chelsi Germain

Toss your fruit salad and place in your coconut.

Chelsi Germain

Pour on your yogurt drizzle to your liking and dig in.

chocolate, sweet, cream
    Chelsi Germain

Have this tropical fruit salad as a starter, dessert, or a snack for the summer. The flavors are endless and they don't have to stop at only fruit. Another idea could include making a fruity sherbet for your bowls. Going exotic with flavors like dragon fruit makes eating fruit much more daring. Pairing your favorite fruits will leave you loving every bite.

If you love the idea of coconut bowls, check out these fruit salads in melon bowls as well!