Behold the pineapple—an exceptionally sweet fruit considered a staple in many tropical countries. Many of us enjoy some canned pineapple from time to time, but let’s not be afraid of this juicy fruit with a tough exterior. Learn how to cut this bad boy up, soak it in boozy goodness and impress your friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 24 hours
Total Time: 24 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: adequate amount of alcohol for 8 people
1 whole pineapple
1 1/2 cup vodka
1 1/2 cup Malibu Rum
4 tablespoons sugar
1. Cut off the head and tail.
2. Cut off four sides to make a square like the picture below.
3. Once you remove the rest of the tough, brown skin cut the pineapple into equal pieces and then cut the core out as shown in the picture below.
4. Keep cutting the pineapple until it is in small pieces.
5. And now the fun part, add the vodka, Malibu and sugar. Stir the mixture lightly, and then let it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6. Serve each piece in a shot glass with extra liquid or just place a pile of forks next to the bowl!