Whether you’re spending this Valentine’s Day with a significant other, with friends or with your bed, you don’t need to stuff your face with more chocolate and Ben & Jerry’s than you can handle to call it a successful day. If you’re looking for a healthier way to indulge on Valentine’s Day, this fruit ‘salsa’ is the answer to your prayers.

This recipe is easy to whip up and it’s SO GOOD (not to mention it’s super healthy!). Share with your sweetheart and you’ll definitely get lots of lovin’ in return. Don’t have a sweetheart? This salsa should be a perfect fill-in to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Easy

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes

Servings: 5

For the Cinnamon Crisps:
10 flour tortillas
Cooking spray
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

For the Salsa:
2 apples (I used Granny Smith)
1 lb. strawberries
1 lb. raspberries
2 kiwis
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons raspberry preserves

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

Make the Crisps:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small cup or bowl.
3. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray, and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on both sides.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

4. Stack three tortillas together and cut into 8-10 triangle pieces. Separate the pieces from the stack and bake on baking sheet lined with foil for 8-11 minutes, until crisp. Let crisps cool before serving.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

For the Fruit Dip:

1. Finely chop strawberries and peeled apples.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

2. Combine chopped strawberries and apples into a medium bowl. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir to combine.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

3. Add kiwis, raspberries and preserves. Slightly break apart raspberries with your hands before adding to avoid whole raspberries in your salsa. Stir gently to combine all ingredients.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

4. Let sit or chill for 15 minutes before serving.

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

5. Grab a cinnamon crisp and enjoy!

salsa

Photo by Santina Renzi

Recipe adapted from All Recipes.

Need more sweets for your sweetheart (or yourself)?