As a self-proclaimed brunch aficionado with a soft spot for anything with maple syrup, you can bet I have November 28th marked on my calendar. What is November 28th? National French Toast day, of course! After searching the Spooniverse, I have compiled a list of 10 French toast recipes made by Spoonies themselves. Make one or even all 10 of these dishes to celebrate a food certainly worthy of its own national holiday.

1. Nutella-Stuffed Hot Chocolate French Toast

cream, chocolate, ice, sundae, sweet, dairy product, cake, goody, waffle, sauce
Ethan Cappello
Dipped in a hot chocolate mix batter, spread with Nutella, and drizzled in melted chocolate, this decadent dish is a match made in heaven for chocoholics. Made with challah bread and topped with fluffy marshmallows and whipped cream, you'll be full until next year's National French Toast day.

2. Eggnog French Toast

butter, toast, french toast, bread, cinnamon, pastry
Simone D'Agostino

It's never too early to get into the holiday spirit with this eggnog French toast. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to give your breakfast a snowy illusion and don't be shy with the maple syrup.

#SpoonTip: Heat up maple syrup in the microwave before drizzling it on top of your toast for an extra warm and cozy breakfast.

3. PB&J-Stuffed French Toast

french toast, toast, bread, honey
Alex Vu

Unless you grew up on Mars, there was probably a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in your lunchbox every day growing up. Try these PB&J-stuffed French toast sandwiches for lunch to unleash the inner child in you. They're coated in another childhood favorite, French Toast Crunch Cereal, so you may actually lose your mind when you take your first bite.

4. Pumpkin Cheesecake-Stuffed French Toast

cream, ice, whipped cream, caramel, syrup, chocolate
Jaime Wilson

Get your final taste of fall with this indulgent pumpkin cheesecake-stuffed French toast. Any time Trader Joe's pumpkin pie spice cookie butter and challah bread are involved, you know you're in for a good time.

5. Coconut Curry French Toast

dairy product, sweet, cream, bread
Emma Danbury

As much as my tastebuds favor something sweet, every now and then I'm in the mood for something savory. The curry powder, coconut flakes, and ginger in this coconut curry French toast are sure to kick any savory craving. Also, it's made with challah bread. If that doesn't convince you to try these bad boys, what will?

6. Nutella Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups

bacon, french toast, syrup, toast, sauce
Kassie McIntyre

Somewhat similar to a crepe, these Nutella strawberry French toast roll-ups are an ingenious idea. You could always just top your toast with berries and Nutella, but rolling them up inside the toast is 100x more fun, right?

7. French Toast Doughnut

sweet, chocolate, cake, cookie, candy, pastry
Sharon Cho

Although technically not French toast, it felt like a disservice to not share this life-changing creation with you. These doughnuts are called torrijas, a popular food in Spain. A couple of these, and you'll be left licking your fingers from the incredible cinnamon sugar coating, comparable to that of a churro.

8. Sweet and Savory French Toast Egg Sandwich

jam, cheese
Soomin Suh

This French toast egg sandwich combines all of your favorite breakfast ingredients into one. Slather the French toast slices with jam and peanut butter and then place a fried egg in between slices to make a sandwich. Lastly, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy.

9. Cannoli-Stuffed French Toast

chocolate, cream, french toast, cake, pastry
Maddie Cole

Can't decide between French toast or a pastry for breakfast? Why not have both? This cannoli-stuffed French toast has a mixture of ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and chocolate chips scooped in between two slices of bread before being cooked to perfection.

10. Chocolate Babka French Toast Bake

chocolate
Elizabeth Philip

This chocolate babka French toast bake could give you a heart attack. It's essentially just sugar, sugar, and more sugar. Maybe add this one to your recipe book, because after having it once, you'll want it everyday, holiday or not.

Once the Thanksgiving preparations are behind you, all gears must be shifted to prepping these recipes for the big day. Here's to French toast lovers alike, may your National French Toast Day be grand and your bread be challah.