This sweet snack is so easy to make I almost feel guilty calling it a recipe. All of the ingredients can be found at Foco and it makes a great post-meal dessert or lunch snack. The basic idea is apple slices topped with almond butter, and then piled high with toppings you can find at Foco: banana slices, nutella, granola, cereal, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles, caramel/fudge sauce, candy, raisins, jam — you name it and it works.
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: About 10 minutes
3-4 tablespoons of almond butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 of a banana
A few spoonfuls of chocolate chips
A few spoonfuls of granola
1-2 tablespoons of raisins (optional)
1. Using a sharp knife, slice the apple into thin disks (without slicing through the core).
2. Mix the cinnamon and almond butter. (The cinnamon is by the oatmeal/soup station at Foco.) You can also put caramel or chocolate sauce (by the waffle makers) into the almond butter if you’d like.
3. Spread dollops of the cinnamon-almond butter onto the apple slices.
4. Slice the banana into small pieces. (I chopped mine into disks and then halved them.) Put them on top of the almond butter.
5. Go to the cereal bar to get granola and sprinkle that on top.
6. Sprinkle on some raisins. (They’re by the oatmeal/soup, along with the cinnamon.)
7. Go hit up the ice cream topping bar for chocolate chips to sprinkle on top. Other possibilities: shredded coconut, candy, sprinkles, nuts, drizzled fudge or caramel sauce, etc.