When I lived in a dorm, life was rough. I shared a tiny room with two girls, a bathroom with fifty girls, and a common area with a hundred others. If you've lived in a dorm like me, you know all the complications I'm talking about. Food wise, everything was a struggle. If it wasn't easy to make, I didn't do it. This is when I started making this 3-ingredient easy strawberry pie.

This dessert costs less than $10 to make, and all you need to prepare it is a microwave. This isn’t the gourmet dessert you’re going to bring out on Thanksgiving (come one, put more effort into it), but this dessert is perfect for any summer night, chill dinner parties, and whenever you’re in need of a somewhat light dessert.

Easy Strawberry Pie

• Cook Time:4 hrs
  • Total Time:4 hrs 20 mins

• 1 Graham Cracker Crust
  • 1 Box strawberries
  • 1 Strawberry Jell-O Pack uncooked
strawberry, berry, sweet
Rachel Dugard

Slice the strawberries and put them inside the graham cracker crust. Fill the crust with strawberries slices to the top but not over it.

strawberry, tart, cheesecake, pie, crust
    Rachel Dugard

Make strawberry Jell-O per directions on the box. This usually means you’re simply combining hot and cold water with the powder mix. This is where you use the microwave, but you can use a stove if you have one.

strawberry
    Rachel Dugard

Pour Jell-O mix into the pie crust. Try not to overfill the pie. You will probably have left over Jell-O.

strawberry, pie
    Rachel Dugard

Refrigerate until the Jell-O in the pie has hardened, which usually takes about 4 hours.

strawberry, pie, tart, cheesecake
    Rachel Dugard

Once the pie has hardened, you have dessert for days, although it won't last for more than a week. It tastes good on its own, but I find that serving it with some whipped cream is the best way to go. 

Anyone can make this easy strawberry pie, so share this recipe with all of your friends who can't cook but need something to contribute to a shared meal. You'll all be happier when they show up with this instead of the same supermarket cookies they bring every time.