Being the health freak I am, I am constantly looking online for healthier recipe alternatives to my favorite meals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day which makes me want to eat as clean as I can to ensure everlasting sustainable energy throughout the day. My favorite recipe is this seven ingredient, healthy vegan allergen free pancakes.

Healthy Allergen Free Vegan Pancakes

• 1 cup oats
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • cinnamon to taste
  • a splash vanilla

Blend your oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder to a flour like consistency.

suet, oatmeal, rice, milk, cereal
    Dominique Gambino

Add in the banana, water, and vanilla then blend till smooth. This would be the time to add in any other ingredients you prefer like chocolate chips and blueberries.

water, milk, tea, coffee
    Dominique Gambino

Heat a nonstick pan on the oven at about heat level 6 or at a medium high heat. Once pan is hot, pour large spoonfuls of batter onto the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes.

dairy product, candy, chocolate, coffee, sweet
    Dominique Gambino

Once golden brown, stack the pancakes up and decorate them to your liking. Enjoy!

butter, cookie, cream, pastry, bread, cake, dairy product, chocolate, sweet
    Dominique Gambino

These pancakes are fluffy, naturally sweet, and perfect for days you want to indulge. I tend to make extras and freeze them for busy mornings. They’re just as good defrosted in the microwave or toaster oven.