High school Saturday morning brunches always included my mom's famous apple pie smoothie. Sweet, creamy, and amazingly healthy compared to the real dessert, this smoothie is the perfect way to indulge in a treat before it is even noon. If you're a fan of the all-American classic apple pie, then this is the smoothie for you.

Apple Pie Smoothie

• Cook Time:0

• 1 snack cup apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup coconut creamer
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 graham crackers whole
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
milk
Photo by Jocelyn Liu

Put all ingredients into a blender. If more liquid is needed to cover the frozen ingredients add more almond milk.

tea, ice, cream, coffee, sweet, milk
    Photo by Jocelyn Liu

Blend until smooth.

grass, pasture
    Photo by Jocelyn Liu

Serve immediately for the best results.

milkshake, cream, smoothie, sweet, yogurt, milk
    Photo by Jocelyn Liu

There are plenty of ways to spice up this recipe if you're feeling more adventurous than the classic, simple apple pie. You could you top your smoothie with crumbled graham cracker (I recommend Honey Maid), a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream. You could also blend in some powdered ginger, cloves, or baked apple slices. Whether you're enjoying this smoothie as a breakfast treat or a late night dessert, there's no way to go wrong. 

Looking for more ways to enjoy the flavors of apple pie in creative ways? This article for 7-minute Deconstructed Cinnamon Apple Pie is an incredibly easy recipe with delicious results. You can even use it as a topping for this smoothie if you want apple pie inception for your breakfast.