Any recipe that has pasta in it catches my eye right away, and the fact that this only takes 30 minutes to make is even better. This recipe satisfies those carb cravings and is fast and easy, making it ideal for those school nights you’re short on time. Requiring only a few ingredients, this recipe can also be whipped up in that small dorm kitchen. This is a vegan recipe, but it can be altered by adding chicken or milk to the cream sauce. I’d recommend that you try the recipe as is, though, because not only is it delicious (my non-vegan friends agreed) but it’s healthy, too. I’m already planning to make it again!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: About 30 minutes
8 ounces pasta
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large cloves garlic
Half an onion
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups almond milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Oregano to taste
1. Finely chop garlic, onions and sun dried tomatoes.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
3. In a separate pan combine and cook onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olive oil for about 5 minutes.
4. Slowly stir in the 3 tablespoons of flour.
5. Add the almond milk and whisk together so that there are no clumps. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. You may want to add more almond milk, depending on how creamy you want the sauce.
7. Add salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
8. Once the sauce is to your desired thickness, immediately mix in pasta and it’s ready to serve.