Cake pops take cake and makes it even better. By adding a themed twist to its shape, these Easter egg cake pops are perfect for the holiday. 

A great thing about these is how customizable they are. You can pick any kind of cake and frosting, as well as the color of the candy melts and decorations. This is a fun activity to do with friends too.

It doesn't matter what kind of cake pan you have since you're going to crumble it up anyways. I used both jumbo and mini cupcake tins because I did not have a regular cake pan.

Another tip is to make sure the pops are cold when they are dunked into the chocolate, otherwise they will fall off the sticks and get stuck in the candy melts.

Easter Egg Cake Pops

• 1 box yellow Funfetti cake mix
  • 1 can vanilla frosting
  • 2 bags white Wilton Candy Melts
  • lollipop sticks
  • food coloring
  • sprinkles
chocolate, sweet, egg, lollipop, cake pop, candy, cake
Ethan Cappello

Make the cake according to instructions given on the box.

bread
    Ethan Cappello

Crumble the cooled cake into small pieces.

meat, vegetable
    Ethan Cappello

Mix about half of the canned frosting into the crumbled cake.

cream
    Ethan Cappello

Take spoonfuls of the mix and form into egg shapes. Roll the dough first into an oval, making one end wider and forming the other into a rounded point.

herb, vegetable
    Ethan Cappello

Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

butter, chocolate
    Ethan Cappello

Melt the Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave at 30 second intervals on power level 5, stirring between each interval. Make into any color by adding food coloring.

coffee, milk
    Ethan Cappello

Dip the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate and stick into the bottom of the cake pops, so they are in the thicker part of the egg. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

pastry, pasta, dumpling, flour, sweet, dough
    Ethan Cappello

Holding onto the lollipop stick, dip the cake pops into a glass or bowl deep enough that the entire pop can be submerged. Tap off the excess candy melt. Decorate with sprinkles and place to cool either back on the pan or in a stand for cake pops.

candy, chocolate, ice, sweet, milk, dairy product, cream
    Ethan Cappello