Your daily serving of fruit just got a whole lot more appealing with this boozy upgrade. Skip the sugary soda or vodka-soaked gummies, which are riddled with artificial flavors, and make these drunken fruits instead. You can snack healthily while getting your drink on with this adult twist on fruit salad. Talk about multitasking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour (or more, depending on how strong you want it to be)
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (unless you choose to soak the fruit for longer)
Servings: About 5 (1 serving ~ 1/2 cup)
½ cup mango, peeled and cubed
½ cup pineapple, cubed
½ cup watermelon, cubed
1 kiwi, cubed (about ¼ cup)
1 apple, cubed (about ½ cup)
½ cup strawberries, hulled and cubed
Unflavored vodka (enough to cover fruit, about 2 cups total)
1. Put a ½ cup of each fruit into separate containers, with room at the top for the vodka. Jars with lids or bowls with plastic wrap will do just fine.
2. Pour an equal ratio of vodka over each bowl of fruit (so if you have ¼ cup kiwi, you’ll need about ¼ cup vodka), or just eyeball it and pour enough to cover the fruit.
3. Refrigerate the fruit for at least one hour to soak up all that goodness.
4. Strain the vodka out of the fruit—you can save this for later.
5. Mix all the vodka-infused fruits together in a medium-sized serving bowl.
6. Enjoy (within reason)!
Porous watermelon acts as a sponge for vodka, while the acidity in strawberries and pineapple stand up well against the alcohol and combat its strong flavor. Kiwi and mango are bright little nibbles of sweet and tart and apples add a refreshing element. This fruit salad is the perfectly healthy way to your next buzz.
If you’re in search of a figure-friendly way to drink without all the added sugars and calories of a typical chaser, welcome to the promise land.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?
Looking for more creative drink ideas? Check these out: