Looking to step up your breakfast game? Bored with plain Eggo waffles and syrup? It’s time to amp up your whole-wheat waffle with some badass topping combinations. They are simple, impressive and taste pretty gourmet. Simply start with a naked Eggo waffle, toasted to perfection and add the toppings. You can go savory or sweet, but all my combos are vegetarian.
Here are 8 suggestions to jumpstart your experimenting:
Plate 1, clockwise:
- Chevré Silver goat cheese, d’anjou pear, raw clover honey
- Nutella, strawberry, whipped cream
- Reduced-fat cream cheese, Trader Joe’s brand lemon curd, lemon zest
- Breakstone’s 1% milkfat cottage cheese, pineapple, sprinkle of nutmeg
Plate 2, clockwise:
- Peanut butter, raspberry jam, banana, garnished with a roasted peanut
- Blueberry Greek yogurt, topped with blueberries
- Morning Star vegan breakfast sausage, shredded Daiya cheese, topped with Sriracha
- Vegan fried “chick’n”, pure maple syrup, rosemary garnish
Hungry for more? Make yourself a loaded waffle peanut butter, jelly, banana and strawberries. It makes for a great, filling breakfast that will power you through your upcoming finals.