A student is not a student until he/she is in a constant state of hunger. These hunger pangs strike the hardest while writing an examination, or at odd hours of the night. Most of the times we can do squat about it, because a) we are perennially broke, b) between simultaneously completing five assignments, we are always short on time, and c) we are novices in the kitchen.

All these hardships have long prevented students from giving in to their very reasonable sweet tooth cravings. But, fret not! We have compiled this list of deliciously thrifty desserts with 3 ingredients (or less), which will cost you very less time and only a short trip to the nearest grocery. These desserts can be whipped up even by an amateur in the kitchen. Could it be any more convenient? 

1. Pancake Bites

banana, vegetable
Kartik Sharma

When it feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight (Taylor Swift FTW), pancake bites are the only solution. Simply combine 2 ripe bananas and 2 eggs. Mix them well. Heat bite-sized dollops of this batter on a pan, and cook until golden-brown on both sides. Bathe the mini pancakes in Nutella, and you're done. Gulp down one or five pancakes at once, we're not judging. 

2. P-B-B Ice Cream

cream, ice, milk, dairy product, chocolate, ice cream, sweet, coffee
Torey Walsh

Believe it or not, this peanut-butter-banana ice cream requires only two primary ingredients (no extra points for guessing them correctly). Blend 3 frozen bananas until smooth, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and mix them to complete the recipe. Place it in the freezer awhile, then scoop and enjoy.

Tasty tip: Top liberally with chocolate chips for extra indulgence.

3. Chocolate Mousse 

chocolate, candy, milk, sweet, milk chocolate
Aditya Rao

No more splurging at bakeries for that soft dollop of chocolate mousse. Make it yourself. Put about 200 grams of dark chocolate and 2/3 cup water in a bowl over low heat and whisk slowly until fully combined. Next, transfer the bowl into a pan full of ice cubes to chill. Keep whisking the mixture until it resembles the consistency of whipped cream. To get a Christmas-sy flavor, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over your mousse.  

4. Shortbread Cookies

cookie, bread, sweet, chocolate, pastry
Haley Greco

Good ol' plain cookies hold a special place in every heart for their simplicity and convenience. The recipe is so versatile, it can be adjusted to suit your mood. In a bowl, dunk 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups flour. Mix until a soft dough forms, and cool it to stiffen it a bit. Create your favorite cookie shapes and bake until golden. One bite of these will transport you to buttery bliss. 

5. Chocolate Muffins   

chocolate, sweet, candy, goody, cookie, cake, pastry, muffin, sweetmeat
Emily Stamp

Muffins always seem like a Herculean task, don't they? Well, not these chocolate muffins. You'll only need 2 ripe bananas, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Combine them well and pour the mixture into muffin molds. Bake them for 15-20 minutes until well cooked. Your midnight snacking is sorted for a week now. Or maybe a day. 

6. Oatmeal Cookies 

cookie, chocolate, sweet, oatmeal cookie, goody, cake, oatmeal, pastry, candy
Haley Abram

These nutritious cookies are chock full of healthy awesomeness, so much so that you can happily lose count while eating them. Mash 2 ripe bananas, add in 1 cup of oats and a handful of walnuts (not too many or the cookies will fall apart). Shape this dough into cookies, bake them and dig in. Add this recipe to your diet and you surely won't regret it.

7. Nutella Brownies  

chocolate, milk
Kartik Sharma

It doesn't get better than these gooey Nutella brownies, since Nutella is undoubtedly the comfort food of every student ever. Whisk 2 eggs, 2/3 cup Nutella and 2/3 cup flour into a smooth batter. Empty it into a baking pan and pop it into the oven for 12-15 minutes. These chewy brownies are heavenly and you'll never want to stop.

8. Cookies N' Creme Bark   

chocolate, cookie, sweet, coffee, candy, cake, gingerbread
Kartik Sharma

You can never go wrong with cookies n' creme. For this recipe, you'll need about 300 grams of white chocolate and precisely 18 Oreos (or more, if you please). On low heat, melt the chocolate and stir in 15 crushed Oreos until combined. Pour the mixture into a pan and smooth out the surface. Crush the remaining Oreos and garnish on top. Refrigerate your masterpiece until solid and then break it into pieces for consumption. 

9. Cornflake Bars

oatmeal, granola, oat, sweet, cereal, honey, muesli
Elise Fegler

Your favorite breakfast cereal now has a new variant which you can enjoy on-the-go without worrying about the mess. Pour 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup honey into a bowl, and heat them. Then add 4 cups of Cornflakes to the liquid and stir to combine. Transfer this mix to a pan, flatten the top and refrigerate. Cut it into bars and you are good to go. You can eat on the way to a morning class or well, finish them before they get to see the sun.

10. Chocolate Mug Cake 

coffee, chocolate, milk
Tanvi Akhauri

For times when you are craving a cake but don't want to go through the pain of baking, this recipe comes as a boon. In a mug, mix 1 ripe banana, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder until completely blended. Microwave your mug for 2 minutes and savor your sinless cake.

Tasty Tip: A scoop of ice cream with your cake will only make things better.

11. Pan-Fried Cinnamon Bananas

fish, trout
Sasha Kran

If you go bananas for bananas, this recipe will calm your sensibilities. Chop 1 ripe banana into circular pieces. This aside, in a bowl combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer the bananas onto a greased pan over medium heat, sprinkle the cinnamon mix on top and cook. Flip the bananas over to the other side and repeat. Your fruity dose for the day is ready.

12. Peanut Butter Cookies

sweet, bread, cake, biscuits, pastry, cookie, butter, dairy product, pancake

Who can ever get enough of peanut butter? With these cookies, baking is a breeze. Simply mix together 1 egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup peanut butter. Once the dough is ready, roll it into several balls and bake until the cookies turn golden-brown. Enjoy with a glass of milk for the most delish experience ever. 

13. Watermelon Sorbet 

watermelon, sweet, melon
Anya Barel

This is easily the simplest recipe of the lot since it requires just one ingredient. You read that right, just one. A watermelon. Peel and cube the watermelon, and freeze it for 2 hours. Move the frozen cubes to a blender and hit that start button. Transfer this puree to a deep pan and place it in the freezer for 2 hours again. Now scoop a spoon in and eat. Oh, and look out for that brain freeze.  

14. Fruit Muffins 

sweet, cake, chocolate, muffin, pastry, goody, cookie, candy, blueberry muffin

Make these muffins with your favorite fruit (or all your favorite fruits). All you need is 2 ripe bananas, 3 eggs and 1 cup of any fruit. Mix the bananas and eggs until a smooth texture is obtained. Meanwhile, stuff muffin molds with the fruit. Pour the banana batter into each mold, and transfer to the oven to bake. These muffins are low on carbs, so you may help yourself to 4-5 at a time. Not that we care about carbs anyway, lol. 

So save this list already and get cooking!