Starbucks is an integral part of the day for any college student. It’s in our blood. It’s our fuel for the day, not to mention a girl’s best friend. There’s nothing Starbucks cannot fix, and sometimes you just need the drink with the little green straw. Just when you thought Starbucks couldn’t get any better, I came up with a recipe for Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino cupcakes. What could honestly be better than a delicious Starbucks drink in the form of a sweet, decadent cupcake? Not much.
Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
1 box of vanilla/yellow cake mix
1 jar of caramel
6 egg whites
2 packages of Starbucks Via Instant Coffee
4 cups of powdered sugar
4 tablespoons of butter
4 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Heat 1 1/4 cups of water and mix in 1 package of instant coffee.
3. Prepare cake mix following boxed directions, but substitute water with the warm water/coffee mixture.
4. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill with batter.
5. Bake the cupcakes 15- 20 minutes.
6. Remove cupcakes from oven and put aside to cool (10-15 minutes).
7. Cut a square hole in the center of cupcake
8. Fill the hole with caramel sauce.
9. Combine milk, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and 1/3 packet of instant coffee together.
10. Beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
11. Ice your cupcakes and enjoy!
Presentation is key to this recipe, so be sure to pay attention to detail! Print out small Starbucks logos to bring these cupcakes to life. You can also cut up the classic green straws from Starbucks to give these cupcakes the full “frappuccino effect”.