Sometimes the holidays just get too busy and you just don’t have enough time to make cookies from scratch. However, that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice flavor – I mean, it is the holidays after all. These Chocolate Crackle cookies are little balls of ooey-gooey, melt-in-your-mouth chocolatey goodness, made with your favorite brownie mix. All you need are a few pantry staples and you are good to go. The best part is that no one will be able to tell that you didn’t make them from scratch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I recommend Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix)
1 cup of flour
⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix brownies mix, flour, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until fully blended.
- Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Roll dough gently into Tablespoon sized balls and place in the powdered sugar.
- When balls are thoroughly coated with powdered sugar, place 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
Note: For a slightly lighter version use Whole Wheat Flour and substitute apple sauce for the oil.