Chocolate Spritz cookies are my favorite Christmas cookies. Not only are they beautiful, but they also satisfy all your sweet cravings. They’re the perfect balance between buttery and chocolaty. They melt in your mouth and are especially delicious when dipped in hot chocolate or coffee. Their quick baking time makes them the ideal treat for any moment when that cookie craving strikes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: about 35 minutes
Servings: 20 cookies
1¼ cup of all-purpose flour
1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
½ cup powdered sugar
1 egg white
1 pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and the powdered sugar until you reach a creamy texture.
3. Add the flour, salt and egg white and keep beating until well combined.
4. On a greased baking sheet (or lined with parchment paper), make little waves with the batter using a pastry bag.
5. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes so the cookies hold their shape better.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
7. While you let the cookies cool, melt the chocolate in the microwave by adding the chips gradually.
8. Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and voila!
Tip: If you don’t have a pastry bag you can use a Ziploc bag, fill it with batter and cut the very end of one corner.